In the event of the caregiver being injured while working with my loved one, who is liable?
If an accident were to occur the insurance process is the same with or without Worker’s Compensation. What happens if the meter reader, gardener, etc., were to have an accident? The property owners liability insurance would cover the expenses.
Company XYZ has Workers Compensation. Are they doing more to protect my loved one?
No. Workers Compensation is to compensate the worker; it does not protect or compensate the client.
How does Sensible Senior Homecare Agency save me money?
We are able to provide services at a reduced rate without cutting the quality of service. All offices are operated out of our homes thus saving the cost of costly office space and expenses. We are a family owned and operated business. We are not part of a franchise which would require us to pass on the expensive franchise fees to the client. We do not carry unnecessary Worker’s Compensation insurance which would increase the hourly rate by $4.00 to $6.00 per hour.
Does Sensible Senior Homecare Agency perform background checks?
Yes. We use the Live Scanfingerprinting service through the Department of Justice. Live Scan not only runs the background check initially but we also receive updates on our applicants after the initial background check.
What insurance does Sensible Senior Homecare Agency take?
We work withCareMORE, CalPERS Long Term Care, Bankers Life and Casualty, Secure Horizons , Penn Treaty, Conseco Senior Health Insuranceto name just a few. If your insurance is not listed please contact us.
Why would I want an independent professional caring for my loved one?
Domestic Referral Agencies are an affordable, safe option for clients in need of home care services.
Benefit to Clients:
* By law, all workers must be interviewed personally, have their work status verified and references checked.
* Domestic Referral Agencies are usually far more affordable than non-medical employer-based home care companies.
* Domestic Referral Agencies provide the highest level of scheduling flexibility often having no minimum hourly requirement – clients are able to choose the amount of hours/days they use instead of having to comply with minimums.
* Domestic Referral Agencies usually have a large pool of workers, enabling them to provide substitutes in a timely manner, as well as giving clients a greater choice of compatible workers.
* Domestic Referral Agencies offer clients more flexibility – the family and worker are able to determine what tasks need to be done, instead of having tasks restricted or mandated.